- Morris Holland
- 03 September 2016
The UK is one of the most famous destinations of overseas students seeking education in reputed academic institutions across the globe. According to the ‘QS Annual World University Rankings’ of 2015-16, a total of 71 UK universities have found their place among the world’s best. Because of such world class education system, around 6,00,000 international students travel to UK to pursue their studies in various specializations in different education institutions of UK.
Why Study in UK?
The flexibility and availability of a wide range of study choices in UK universities help the students in achieving their career goals and aspirations. Following are some of the main advantages of studying in UK . You will also get Dissertation Experts during your study.
- Best Universities: The UK colleges and universities are ranked among the bests in the world and the courses are universally recognized and valued.
- Flexibility: The UK universities provide the flexibility of blending interdisciplinary subjects of your choice & interest.
- Teaching Methods: The methodologies of teaching in UK universities give space to the students to develop creative & innovative outlook.
- Interesting Place to Live: The UK has a rich historical background with cross-cultural identity. The four main reasons of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland possess highly developed cities and better linked country side areas. Overall, it is an interesting place to live.
- Expert Faculties: The UK universities give you the opportunity of being taught by leading academic experts and specialist in the world.
- Language Skills: The UK isan ideal place to enhance your language skills thereby increasing employment opportunities.
- ork Options: International students can find a lot of good work options to pursue alongside their studies to finance their pocket expenses.
- Scholarships & Grants: A large no. of scholarships and research grants are available forthe international students coming to UK from Universities and other institutions.
Above all, studying in UK gives you a chance to be a part of a strong international community of students and academicians which makes a lasting impression on your career.
Higher Education Courses & Qualifications in UK
The universities and colleges in UK offer a wide range of courses and qualifications for the international students. The higher educational qualifications can be broadly classified into 3 levels such as:-
- Undergraduate Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Research Courses
- Undergraduate Courses available in UK universities are: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), Foundation Degree, Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE), Higher National Diploma (H.N.D.), Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) etc.
- Postgraduate Courses available in UK universities are: MA (Master of Arts), MSc (Master of Science), MArch (Master of Architecture), MFA (Master of Fine Arts), MEng (Master of Engineering), LLM (Master of Laws), MBA (Master of Business Administration) etc.
- Research Courses generally pursued after Masters Level Courses are: Master of Science (M.Sc.) by Research, Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy or Doctorate (DPhil/PhD), Doctor of Engineering (DEng) etc.
Grading System of the Undergraduate & Postgraduate Courses is described as below:-
Grading of Undergraduate Studies
- First Class Mark(1st) for 70%+
- Upper Second Class Mark (2:1) for 60-69.99%
- Lower Second Class Mark (2:2) for 50-59.99%
- Third Class Mark (3rd) for 40-49.99%
- Fail for 0-39.99%
Grading of Postgraduate Studies
- Distinction for 70%+
- Merit for 60-69%
- Pass for 40-59%
- Fail for 0-39%